Is it time to upgrade your phone system?
Keeping up with technology can be a key factor in running a successful workplace. Many businesses have been useing new technology to their advantage and forged ahead of their competitors.
This is includes phone systems; so if you haven’t upgraded your system within the last 5 years, there’s a chance that that you’re missing out on some key benefits.
When is it the right time to change your system? It’s not always clear, so here are some signs your business could benefit from an upgrade.
1. You’re paying way too much!
With advancing technology, the cost of business telecoms has actually come down! With the growth of SIP (making calls over the internet) there has been a reduction in call charges and the option to greatly reduce line rental. Often older phone systems cost more to maintain than newer ones and replacement parts can be hard to find. You may well be surprised to find out how much you could save by upgrading.
2. Lack of flexibility for remote workers
Flexibility is a real buzzword in the business world today, with it becoming way more common for people to work from home, across multiple locations by using hot-desks and meeting rooms, or using their own mobile devices (BYOD). We now need to be able to access networks, emails and to be contactable wherever we are. Cloud hosted systems provide much more flexibility with less fragmentation, ensuring that your remote workers are connected no matter where they are!
3. Your phone system doesn’t integrate with other office applications, CRM etc.
As I’m sure you’re aware, talking on the phone is just one element of modern business communications. Businesses often now need to be able to communicate via video conferencing, instant messaging and online meetings.
- Does your existing system allow integration between these systems?
- Does it integrate with your CRM?
- Are you able to easily see data and reports for your communications activity?
A new system will help you to cut-down on administrative tasks through systems integration as well as improving productivity with the ability to hold remote meetings!
4. Missing out the latest telecoms features
Here are some of the features you may be missing out on:
- Call recording
- Access to voicemails from anywhere
- Video/Audio conferencing
- CRM integration
- Call queuing
- Enhanced call routing
- Collaboration tools
- Remote/Distributed working options
- Instant Messaging
5. You’re expanding or relocating
If you are planning office relocation or you are expanding then it’s the perfect opportunity to upgrade your phone system to the latest technology.
6. Receiving complaints from customers who can’t easily contact you
Do you regularly receive feedback from customers or suppliers that they have not been able to get in touch with you?
The phone was not answered! They got an engaged tone! They were cut-off or they were unable to leave a message! These are obvious signs that your phone system is not up to scratch.
7. You have no back-up plan in place if your system goes down
- Have you considered what you would do if your phone system fails?
- What if you have a power cut or the phone line is damaged?
If your existing system doesn’t come with a back-up plan to re-route calls in an emergency, your critical business operations could be at risk. A fixed hardware system can be a single point of failure , this is where cloud based PBX’s can offer superior resilience.